Our doctors use two primary diagnostic tools when assessing your better aging needs.
- Lab results (objective information).
- An understanding of your symptoms and how you feel (subjective information).
The Facts about Lab Testing
- Hormone therapy cannot be prescribed safely and effectively without lab testing at regular intervals.
- Two people can have the same lab results, but very different symptoms. The reverse can be true, too. To say that individuals who have the same test results or the same symptoms should have the same treatment plan would be erroneous. We look at the complete picture, which means looking at test results and symptoms.
- If lab results combined with how you feel are used during diagnosis, then conclusions drawn will be unique to you. Likewise, a treatment plan that draws from these unique conclusions will be individualized for you.
Methods of Treatment
Most people are accustomed to being treated by a doctor. At Renew Youth, we believe strongly that treatment with your doctor is the better approach. No one is more familiar with your body and how you feel than you. You should be an integral part of the treatment process.
Your Renew Youth team will review your lab results with you, and explain what they mean, every time you lab test. We make sure that your symptoms are well documented, and we explain how your symptoms relate to your lab results. Then we work with you to build a treatment plan that is right for you. Lab testing at regular intervals will be part of your treatment plan, to ensure that lab levels are within healthy limits, and your treatment program is progressing as planned.
Additional lab testing can be added any time you wish. Do you want to be evaluated for nutrient deficiencies? Or maybe you’re concerned about blood sugar or inflammation markers. If you have particular concerns, all you have to do is ask. Likewise, our doctors will make recommendations. This is about working together toward a healthier you.