Growth Hormone Therapy
We look upon balancing key hormones like testosterone, estrogen, and thyroid as being the foundation for your treatment. Men and women who want to kick their better aging efforts up to the next level may consider growth hormone therapy as one more thing they can do to further their efforts.
The Facts about Growth Hormone Therapy
- Growth hormone (GH) affects every system in the body.
- Many of the symptoms of GH deficiency overlap with imbalances in other hormones. Examples include fatigue, weight gain, and insomnia.
- While the guidelines used to diagnose Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency (AGHD) are rigorous, treatment is an option for those who meet specific criteria.
- There are a growing number of treatment options available for increasing GH levels.
- Over-the-counter remedies, including those you may find online, are ineffective. The only documented way to increase GH levels is by prescription.
Method of Treatment
- A deficiency in GH must be confirmed via lab testing, and a thorough evaluation of symptoms.
- If you are diagnosed with AGHD, our doctors can create a personalized treatment plan that will return GH to healthy levels, with regular monitoring thereafter.
- Pituitary stimulation is an approach to GH therapy that involves stimulating the pituitary to produce more of its own GH utilizing growth hormone stimulating peptides (also knows as secretagogues). Peptides used include Sermorelin, GHRP-2, GHRP-6, and Ipamorelin. Replacing growth hormone is also an option, and can be considered if pituitary stimulation proves unsuccessful.
- The only way to administer GH is by nightly injection. Growth hormone stimulating peptides are also best taken by nightly injection, although some other methods of delivery are available.
- GH therapy is most effective when other hormones are balanced, and in conjunction with good lifestyle habits including a healthy diet, sufficient exercise, stress management, and adequate sleep.
There are many facets to better aging. We scrutinize them all, provide you with information and suggestions, and then you decide what’s right for you. GH therapy represents another exciting facet to the process. Just one more way we can find the new you.