Bioidentical Testosterone Therapy for Women
For most women, testosterone deficiency and treatment is overlooked. If it isn’t overlooked, dosage is rarely optimized. Our approach to testosterone is unique in this regard.
The Facts about Bioidentical Testosterone Therapy for Women
- Many healthcare practitioners will say that women don’t need testosterone. This is false. While women don’t need very much testosterone, the small amount they do need has tremendous benefits.
- Women who are deficient in testosterone will struggle with sex drive, and maintaining lean muscle mass.
- If your sex hormones are a three-legged stool, with estrogen and progesterone being two of the legs on that stool, think of testosterone as being the third leg. All three legs are there pre-menopause—all three should be there during perimenopause and menopause.
- Testosterone is one of the first hormones to drop off as women approach menopause. It’s possible to be very deficient at a much younger age than you might think.
Method of Treatment
How much testosterone is optimal varies greatly from woman to woman. Our approach to replacing testosterone is to let you find your optimal dose in a way that’s safe, easy, and convenient. Here’s how we do it:
- We do baseline lab testing to determine your current testosterone level.
- Our doctors will give you a prescription for a low starting dose of testosterone.
- There are two safe and effective ways for women to take testosterone: via topical cream, or by injection. The vast majority of women can absorb plenty of testosterone through their skin, and get optimal results with this approach. Some women prefer to take their testosterone via injection. Which you prefer is up to you.
- As part of your prescription, our doctors will give you specific instructions that will involve adding or subtracting small increments of testosterone each week, until you find your optimal dose. This will take place over a period of 6 weeks.
- After six weeks, we order another lab test to ensure that your levels are within safe limits, and we retest at regular intervals thereafter.
Almost right isn’t good enough. Your body is unique. What it needs is unique. It deserves precision in determining what’s optimal for you.
At Renew Youth, we think outside the box. We innovate. We’re pioneers when it comes to aging better. We strive to get it right, for every client, every time. Our approach to testosterone replacement for women exemplifies that commitment to our clients’ well-being.