Feel Like Yourself Again

Our inclusive plans provide:

  • Comprehensive lab testing every 6 months
  • Oversight from your Renew Youth doctor
  • Medications & supplies shipped to your home
  • Health Consultation team dedicated to your success
  • Starting from $249
Schedule a Free Virtual Consultation

Take Control of Your Body with Proper Thyroid Treatment

June 20th, 2014

Thyroid problems could be causing or exacerbating your menopause symptoms.

According to the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, undiagnosed thyroid disease may affect millions of menopausal women. If you have tried various menopause treatments recommended by your regular doctor but still experience symptoms, you could have a thyroid problem.

Symptoms of Low Thyroid

Low thyroid and menopause have many symptoms in common, including:

  • Fatigue
  • Weight gain
  • Depression
  • Hair loss
  • Dry skin

Many physicians mistake the above symptoms for simple menopause symptoms and fail to even test for low thyroid. It is always a good idea to have all your vital hormones tested before starting any menopause treatment. However, you should be especially careful to have your thyroid tested if you have any of these additional symptoms of low thyroid:

  • Constipation
  • Cold hands
  • General sensitivity to cold
  • Elevated cholesterol
  • Joint or muscle pain
  • Thin, brittle nails
  • Decreased taste and smell
  • Hoarseness
  • Puffy face, hands, and feet

Hallmarks of Proper Thyroid Treatment

Even if your regular physician does manage to diagnose your thyroid problem, they may still not know how to treat it properly. In order to get the best possible thyroid treatment, you need to turn to an expert like Renew Woman™. We have been diligently following the latest research in thyroid and menopause for years and our treatment includes many features you won’t find at your regular doctor:

T3 and T4 Considered: There actually three important forms of thyroid hormone in the body. T4 is the form produced by the thyroid gland, but this form only accounts for 20 percent of thyroid function in the body. T4 must be broken down into T3 and then into T3 free in order to provide the remaining 80 percent of function. Most doctors focus on T4 levels, which means they miss 80 percent of the equation. At Renew Woman™ we test for and replace both T4 and T3.

Only Bioidentical Hormones Used: Doctors often treat low thyroid with synthetic hormones such as Synthroid. However, synthetic hormones are not chemically identical to the hormones your body would naturally produce, and this can cause issues. At Renew Woman™, we only prescribe bioidentical thyroid.

Optimal Levels of Thyroid Reached: Many regular physicians don’t actually prescribe enough thyroid to really make you feel better, in large part because they don’t understand the interaction between estrogen and thyroid. Because estrogen increases a thyroid-binding protein in the blood that lowers your levels of T3 free, the more estrogen you take the more thyroid you need. At Renew Woman™, we make sure you are getting enough thyroid in a form your body can actually use, so that your levels reach the upper end of the normal range.

Supplement Options: At Renew Woman™, we recognize the role that nutritional supplements can play in helping the body use thyroid effectively. We provide the option of adding supplements like iodine and CoQ10 to your treatment plan in order to further facilitate the conversion of T4 into T3.

Take Control of Your Body Now

If you are tired of low thyroid symptoms controlling your life, contact Renew Woman™ today. We’ll get you on a treatment program that can help you get control over your symptoms.

It’s time to find the New You.
We’re here to help.
Schedule a free confidential consultation.
Free Consultation  
Free Consultation

Thoughts on Better Aging

We're here to help. Call us today for a free, confidential consultation.