Treating Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency with Peptides
Boost your body’s natural production of growth hormone with peptides like Sermorelin, GHRP-2 and GHRP-6.
If you’ve been feeling tired, forgetful, disinterested in sex, and generally old, you may be experiencing ordinary menopause symptoms. Or, you may be experiencing Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency symptoms. At Renew Woman™, we can provide the detailed testing needed to diagnose AGHD and disentangle it from your menopause symptoms. If you meet The Endrocrine Society’s criteria, we may be able to offer you various treatment options to help boost your levels of growth hormone and bring relief from your symptoms.
What is a Peptide?
A peptide is simply a small molecule with anywhere from 2 to 50 amino acids. The three peptides we use in AGHD treatment are sermorelin, GHRP-2, and GHRP-6. A better name for these specific peptides is “secretagogues,” because they stimulate the pituitary to secrete growth hormone. They produce an episodic “dosing” effect where the body receives regular bursts of HGH to use for various cell repair and cell growth tasks, just as it did when you were young and your pituitary was working at peak efficiency.
Which Treatment is Right for You?
Sermorelin, GHRP-2, and GHRP-6 are all excellent options for stimulating the production of your body’s own natural growth hormone. Because they work on different receptors, you may find that if you don’t respond well to one treatment, you will get results from another. One thing to watch out for is the impact of GHRP-2 on hunger. Most of the time the hunger response can be suppressed if you take your injection right before bed, but if you still experience too much hunger you may want to switch to a different treatment.
Why Not Just Replace Growth Hormone?
You absolutely can replace growth hormone directly, and for some women this is the best treatment choice. After all, in some cases the pituitary is simply worn out and no amount of stimulation by any type of secretagogue can convince it to produce the growth hormone you need.
Benefits of Boosting Growth Hormone
Whether you boost your HGH levels with hormone replacement or with a secretagogue, research has shown that healthy HGH brings:
- Increased skin elasticity, texture, and tightness, particularly in the face.
- Increased energy.
- Increased emotional stability and sense of wellbeing.
- Improved bone strength and mass.
- Increased sex drive.
- Increased muscle strength and mass.
- Decreased body fat, particularly in the abdomen.
- Shorter recovery time from injuries and exercise.
- Enhanced brain function and growth of neuron dendrites.
- Improved cardiovascular strength and lowered blood pressure.
- Improved kidney function.
- Improved immunity and healing.
- Improved hair texture.
- Elevated HDL (good cholesterol) and lowered LDL (bad cholesterol).
- Increased metabolism and greater ability to control weight.
- Increased protection from the ravages of stress and cortisol.
Contact us today to learn more about your treatment options.