Feel Like Yourself Again

Our inclusive plans provide:

  • Comprehensive lab testing every 6 months
  • Oversight from your Renew Youth doctor
  • Medications & supplies shipped to your home
  • Health Consultation team dedicated to your success
  • Starting from $249
Schedule a Free Virtual Consultation

Low Testosterone and Your “Fitness Age”

December 15th, 2013

Four tips to help men look & feel younger

Why is it that some men end up feeling flabby and tired by their mid 40s, and other men, like 93-year-old marathoner Jon Mendes, have the energy to run 26.2 miles a day? A big part of the answer depends upon each individual’s dedication to healthy aging. After all, a study by the MacArthur foundation found that while 30 percent of the factors governing aging are embedded in our genetics, the other 70 percent are totally in our control.

What Is Your Fitness Age?

A person’s fitness age is basically a function of how well their body uses oxygen during exercise. You can access a tool that researchers from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Trondheim have created to allow individuals to calculate their fitness age here. This tool uses personal data including age, gender, waistline, and resting pulse, plus data regarding the frequency, duration, and intensity of your usual exercise routine to calculate your fitness age. Often, as men age their fitness age also increases, because the reduced testosterone levels associated with aging result in a lack of energy, difficulty building lean muscle, and weight gain.

Change Your Fitness Age in Four Simple Steps

Changing your fitness age is really all about taking steps to promote healthy aging in your life:

1. Balance your hormones. When your hormones are out of balance, you may feel older than your true age, and your fitness age will probably be higher than it ought to be as well. By beginning a quality hormone replacement therapy program with a respected company such as Renew Man™, men can get their body chemistry in the right balance to support their efforts to get back in shape. Renew Man™ doctors can replace testosterone as well as ensure that other vital hormones such as estrogen, cortisol, DHEA, and thyroid are properly balanced.

2. Eat right. Making an effort to stick to a healthy diet can help improve your fitness age by reducing your waistline. Changes to your diet can also help control high blood pressure and other problems that may interfere with your desire or ability to exercise.

3. Get active. With your hormones in proper balance, you’ll find it easier to get motivated to exercise. You won’t have to battle the depression, irritability, and lack of energy commonly associated with low testosterone. Plus, you’ll begin to see the fruits of your labor faster, in terms of weight loss and development of lean muscle.

4. Avoid stress. Cortisol, a hormone associated with stress, plays a major role in causing men to retain belly fat. By avoiding stress, you may be able to help your efforts to get in shape and lose weight. While feelings of stress and irritability caused by low testosterone should naturally fade during the course of your Renew Man™ treatment, you can help the process along through meditation or other calming activities.

If you have questions about how correcting low testosterone can help improve your fitness age and improve your quality of life, contact Renew Man™ today.

It’s time to find the New You.
We’re here to help.
Schedule a free confidential consultation.
Free Consultation  
Free Consultation

Thoughts on Better Aging

We're here to help. Call us today for a free, confidential consultation.