Don’t give up on your sex life! Renew Youth™ offers treatment options for female sexual dysfunction in Mt Pleasant SC.
There are about two dozen FDA-approved drugs aimed at relieving male sexual dysfunction, but none for women. This is because female arousal and orgasm is simply more complicated and more mysterious to researchers, and it is virtually impossible to address all the issues a woman may have with one standard dosage of a drug. Fortunately for you, Renew Youth™ is not afraid of the female body. We specialize in personalized treatment options for female sexual dysfunction in Mount Pleasant SC and we will help you find a solution that works for your unique body chemistry and symptoms.
What is Female Sexual Dysfunction?
Female sexual dysfunction is a broad term encompassing many issues that affect your ability to desire and enjoy sex. The most common types of female sexual dysfunction in Mount Pleasant SC include:
- Low sex drive
- Difficulty achieving or maintaining arousal
- Persistent difficulty achieving orgasm
- Sexual pain or discomfort
Remember, you don’t have to wait for these symptoms to bring your sex life to a grinding halt. We encourage you to visit us for treatment as soon as female sexual dysfunction in Mount Pleasant SC even begins to interfere with your sex life.
Menopause Makes it Worse
It is very common for signs of sexual dysfunction to manifest themselves for the first time at menopause. This makes perfect sense considering that the same hormones that are deeply involved in sexual performance, such as estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone, go haywire at menopause. This can result in:
- Vaginal dryness due to low estrogen
- Low libido due to low progesterone
- Difficulty maintaining interest and arousal due to low estrogen
- Poor or no orgasms due to low testosterone
By restoring balance to their hormones, menopausal women can not only get their healthy, happy sex lives back, but also relieve common menopause symptoms and improve their overall health.
Treatment Options for Female Sexual Dysfunction in Mt Pleasant SC
If your sex life is suffering, please do not keep silent. Instead, reach out to Renew Youth™ for help. At Renew Youth™, we have been helping women conquer symptoms of female sexual dysfunction in Mt Pleasant SC since 1999. We can help you develop a personalized treatment plan that may include
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: Menopausal women whose sexual dysfunction problems are rooted in hormonal decline can benefit greatly from hormone replacement therapy. We will run lab tests to check your current levels of vital hormones such as estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone, and then come up with a personalized plan to restore them to healthy levels and relieve vaginal dryness, low sex drive, and arousal issues.
- Treatments for Low Libido: For a healthy sex life, the first step is “wanting to want it.” Then, your body needs to be able to respond to this desire with the appropriate physiological response. We offer treatments that address both parts of the equation, including apomorphine treatment to stimulate dopamine production and desire in the brain, and Alprostadil or L-Arginine to stimulate blood flow in the vulva and clitoris.
- Oxytocin Treatment: When the power and quality of orgasms is the main concern, we recommend oxytocin treatment. Simply use the prescription nasal spray about 30 minutes before sex to boost levels of the “love hormone” oxytocin in the body. This will heighten arousal and response during foreplay and pave the way for powerful orgasms.
- Vaginal Estrogen Cream: A topical application of estrogen directly to the vagina can be very effective in correcting vaginal dryness. This treatment is ideal for women who want to enjoy sex again but do not wish to alter their overall hormonal balance.
Ready to Get Started?
To learn more about Renew Youth™, or to connect with a board-certified doctor providing treatments for female sexual dysfunction in Mt Pleasant SC, please contact Renew Youth today.