Don’t give up on your sex life! Renew Youth™ offers treatment options for female sexual dysfunction in Charleston SC.
If you suffer from female sexual dysfunction, you may be missing out on more than just great sex. In addition to providing the mental and emotional benefits of a connection with your partner, sex also promotes your overall health by relieving stress and promoting sleep. The good news is you can get treated for female sexual dysfunction in Charleston SC to improve your sex drive, enhance arousal and orgasms, and reduce pain associated with vaginal dryness.
What is Female Sexual Dysfunction?
There are many different types of female sexual dysfunction in Charleston SC. Some women have little to no desire for sex at all, while others “want to want it” but the body simply doesn’t cooperate. Whether the problem has an emotional or a physical cause or some combination of both, the most common symptoms include:
- Low sex drive
- Difficulty achieving or maintaining arousal
- Persistent difficulty achieving orgasm
- Sexual pain or discomfort
When these problems become persistent and begin to cause your or your partner distress, you should at least consider seeing a doctor who specializes in treating female sexual dysfunction in Charleston SC.
Menopause Makes it Worse
For many women, menopause is the first time they have trouble in the bedroom. The reason for this is that during menopause levels of certain very important hormones related to reproduction and sexual experience change dramatically. Menopausal women may experience:
- Fragile vaginal tissue and reduced lubrication due to low estrogen
- Fewer urges to initiate sex due to low progesterone
- Poor arousal due to low estrogen
- Poor or no orgasms due to low testosterone
By restoring balance to their hormones, menopausal women can not only get their healthy, happy sex lives back, but also relieve common menopause symptoms and improve their overall health.
Treatment Options for Female Sexual Dysfunction in Charleston SC
No matter how old you may be when the trouble in your sex life begins, you can and should seek treatment. After all, a healthy sex life is beneficial at any age. Renew Youth™ can help by introducing you to many options for relieving female sexual dysfunction in Charleston SC. Which one you choose will depend on the nature and cause of your symptoms.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: Menopausal women whose sexual dysfunction problems are rooted in hormonal decline can benefit greatly from hormone replacement therapy. Your therapy will include customized dosages of hormones based on the results of ongoing lab testing and on your description of your symptoms.
- Treatments for Low Libido: Both mind and body are involved in sexual desire. We offer treatments to support both. For example, we can prescribe apomorphine to stimulate dopamine in the brain and enhance sexual response and L-Arginine or Sildenafil to enhance genital blood flow and arousal.
- Oxytocin Treatment: For women who have issues mainly with orgasm, oxytocin treatment can provide relief. Sometimes called the “love hormone,” oxytocin should spike during foreplay to pave the way for a strong orgasm. By providing you with a prescription oxytocin nasal spray to use before sex, we can replace the “love hormone” your body may be missing and enhance both orgasms and the overall sexual experience.
- Vaginal Estrogen Cream: If you suffer from painful intercourse due to dry vaginal tissue, a direct application of estrogen cream can help. This treatment is ideal for women who want to enjoy sex again but do not wish to alter their overall hormonal balance.
Ready to Get Started?
If you would like more information about treatments for female sexual dysfunction in Charleston SC, please contact Renew Youth™ today.