Testosterone in Men
Testosterone is the life source for the male body. It’s what makes a man a man. This is because the male body is filled with testosterone receptors. If testosterone levels dip, these receptors won’t receive enough testosterone to keep you going. The result is fatigue. Low sex drive. Muscle loss. And many other symptoms.
The Facts about Testosterone in Men
- Testosterone is an anabolic steroid. While “steroid” is a word that engenders negative connotations with those who follow sports, men actually produce this anabolic steroid naturally. In fact, men require it to live.
- If done correctly, there are no side effects from testosterone therapy. It’s safe and it’s healthy.
- Testosterone does not cause prostate cancer. Excess estrogen, in fact, is the root cause of prostrate cancer.
- Replacing testosterone should be done in conjunction with balancing other hormones.
- Testosterone is the feel-good hormone for men. With testosterone therapy, you will see improvement in 1 to 2 weeks. You should feel like a new man in 3 to 6 weeks.
- Testosterone levels in men are declining at an accelerated rate in recent years. Studies suggest that this acceleration is likely due to pollutants and petrochemicals in the environment. While unusual 10 years ago, now we routinely treat men in their 20s and 30s.
Lab Levels and What They Mean
The word “normal” means different things to different healthcare professionals. Some physicians will use the word “normal” to describe a testosterone level that you would expect for a man at a particular age without treatment. For instance, if a man is 70, and his levels are very low, he may be told that’s normal for his age. Other physicians will say levels are acceptable if they fall within the “normal lab tested range”, even though men are likely to experience symptoms at the lower end of that range.
At Renew Youth, we object to the medical community’s flexible use of the word “normal” when it comes to male hormones. And we don’t think it should be considered normal for a man to suffer with symptoms of andropause. This is why we don’t think in terms of normal levels—we think in terms of optimal levels. Optimal is where a man feels and functions at his best, without unpleasant symptoms.
Any physician who tells a male patient experiencing clear symptoms of andropause that his levels are normal and that he doesn’t need treatment is doing a serious disservice to that patient. Don’t settle for being told “you have normal testosterone for your age”. If you’re having symptoms of low testosterone, call us. We will give you straight answers and solid information.
Treatment for Low Testosterone
Through our Renew Man program, we’ve been helping men to optimize their testosterone levels since 1999. Treatment is safe, and it’s easy. Our knowledgeable staff is here to answer all of your questions and assist at every step along the way. Aging better is possible and Renew Youth is here to help.