Better Brain Health Through Proper Hormone Balance and Nootropics
As you get older you may notice your mind “slipping” a little.
You forget a family member’s birthday. Or you can’t remember the name of a restaurant. Maybe you’ve even spent 20 minutes looking for your sunglasses.
For a long time these lapses were considered an inescapable part of the aging process…but no more.
Recent research has uncovered ways to keep your brain sharp and your memory clear.
Proper Hormone Balance
People who begin properly supervised hormone replacement therapy often talk about their “brain fog” going away.
This is because hormones play an important role as neurotransmitters in your brain. When production of testosterone, estrogen, progesterone and other hormones declines, brain function suffers.
Excess cortisol from the stress associated with low hormone levels can also have a negative effect on memory.
Proper hormone balance also results in deeper, more restful sleep…which is critical to good brain health.
Apart from restoring proper hormone balance, there are additional ways you can ensure your brain continues to function at peak performance.
Nootropic supplements can play an important role in promoting and maintaining your brain’s health. Some of the most accepted include:
- Fish Oil : Two fatty acids found in fish oil…DHA and EPA…have been linked to several health benefits including improved cognitive function. Experts suggest taking 1000 mg (1 gram) of fish oil (DHA plus EPA) daily to maintain good brain health. It’s important to only take a high quality supplement to avoid any fish smell.
- Resveratrol : This powerful antioxidant supports a healthy hippocampus (the part of your brain associated with memory). Studies found taking 200 mg of resveratrol daily resulted in improved memory in otherwise healthy adults.
- Phosphatidylserine : Haven’t heard of this before? You’re probably not the only one.This fatty substance protects your brain cells and carries messages between them. As a result, it helps to keep your mind and memory sharp. Research suggests the level of phosphatidylserine in your brain declines with age. Taking 100 mg of phosphatidylserine daily may reduce age-related mental decline.
- Vitamin B-12 : Vitamin B-12 is essential for healthy nerve tissue and brain function.While you can get some B-12 from food, most people are deficient in this important nutrient. Because B-12 isn’t absorbed well through the digestive tract, the most effective way to supplement your body’s B-12 is through prescription injections.
- Rg3 : This is another brain health supplement you may not be aware of…but it can enhance memory and mental focus. Rg3 is derived from panax ginseng, and it protects neurons from inflammation and oxidation damage. It also promotes the development of new neurons.Although available in many forms as a supplement, it’s most effective as a nasal spray by prescription. This delivery method makes it easier for Rg3 to be transmitted from your blood vessels into your brain.
What You Need to Do
Keeping your brain healthy is critical for your overall well-being.
Before you begin using any supplements, let Renew Youth evaluate your hormone levels as well as any possible nutritional issues.
We can provide a tailored program of hormone replacement therapy and nutritional supplements to help you maintain a sharp mind and long-lasting memories.
Call us at 800-859-7511 or use our convenient contact form to set up your free consultation.