Balanced Hormones Mean a Balanced Mind
When our hormones are perfectly balanced, our bodies are in balance and more likely to function as they should. Unfortunately, there are many toxins in our environment that can interfere with our body’s natural hormone levels. At Renew Youth, we can help get your hormones back in balance to help clear up mental fog, boost energy, and bring you a host of other benefits.
Understanding the Endocrine System
The endocrine system is made up of hormone-producing glands, which regulate the metabolism and numerous other functions throughout the body, including:
- Sexual function
- Reproductive function
- Tissue function
All too often, we are confronted with chemicals that can disrupt normal functioning of the endocrine system. Known as endocrine disruptors, these chemicals mimic hormones, which changes the way hormones behave. The results can be adverse effects to our neurological, reproductive, and immune systems including:
- Developmental problems
- Issues with sexual development
- Learning disabilities
- Cognitive development problems
- Thyroid problems
- Sensory impairment
Endocrine Disruptors Are All Around Us
The bad news is that endocrine disruptors are hiding in plain site all around us. They are in foods we eat, cosmetic products we use, household cleaners, and plastic products. Some of the most common examples include:
- Bisphenol A. Also known as BPA, this is one of the most common, avoidable endocrine disruptors and has been linked to certain cancers, including breast cancer. It’s commonly found in canned foods, plastic bottles, and other forms of packaging.
- Phthalates. Chemicals found in perfumes, body sprays, some plastics, and even toys, research shows that phthalates disrupt reproductive development in children.
- Herbicides and pesticides. Examples like Atrazine are sprayed on crops and grass at golf courses and residential homes.
- Flame retardants. Meant to protect us, these endocrine disruptors are found in furniture like mattresses and couches, in insulation, and even in car seats.
Fortunately, it’s not all bad news. When you know about these endocrine disruptors, you can avoid many of them. If you are using plastic products, make sure they are free of BPA. Buy organic foods to avoid herbicides and pesticides. Buy locally when you can.
Of course, if you have questions about what products are safe or how to best protect against endocrine disruptors, contact Renew Youth at 888-252-1610. We are here to help you get healthy and stay that way.